Physiotherapist or Chiropractor?

 physiotherapist or chiropractor


Do I Call a Physiotherapist… or

Do I Call a Chiropractor?

Most people are confused about whether to call a Physiotherapist or a Chiropractor to treat their aches and pains. There is plenty of information on both professions but they end up causing more confusion.

In general, if you have neck pain, back pain, headaches or disc bulges you can see a Chiropractor and get amazing recovery but you can also see a Physiotherapist and get similar results depending on the individual therapist. Whereas injuries to the elbow, wrist, knee and ankle that are traditionally associated with requiring a Physiotherapist, are commonly treated by Chiropractors all over the country.

My aim is to clear the confusion with an unbiased approach (our clinic provides both Physiotherapy and Chiropractic) to make getting treatment a lot easier.


My general advice when trying to decide between a Physiotherapist and Chiropractor:

1. Find a Chiropractor for injuries on or around the spine (including pelvis)

2. Seek a Physiotherapist for aches and pains in the limbs

3.See what kind of testimonials they get (word of mouth, website, other)

4. Do they have information about themselves on their website

5. Ask to speak with therapist directly if you want to find out more about treating your specific injury.


Of course this is a very simplified and stereotyped approach but it is one that will most likely give you the best results. Please visit our About Us page to find out more about our team.


Dr Sam Hwaylo (Contact us for Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Masseuse and Personal Trainer)